Buy a Home in the St. Louis Area
Our team of local experts is ready to guide you through the home-buying process. We are committed to fast, professional, and courteous service to help you understand and feel at ease throughout the home-buying process. Our trained and licensed agents specialize in the St. Louis Area area real estate market and are prepared to find the right home and get the best price.
We are fully committed to helping all our buyers navigate the ever-changing real estate market. A home purchase is a significant and expensive transaction with long-term financial implications. Buying a home, at the right price and terms, can provide a lifetime of benefits and enjoyment if you make the best decisions possible. We treat each of our clients like family.
As your exclusive buyer’s agent, we promise to:
- Be objective and keep your decisions from being clouded by emotion
- Focus exclusively on your needs and concerns
- Research and objectively present you with the situation or facts when needed
- Expertly bid and negotiate on your behalf using our valuable market knowledge
- Stay ahead of the game and help identify key real estate trends and popular neighborhoods
- Take care of you every step of the way so you are always prepared and organized
you should do before you buy a house
- Save for a down payment: Most homebuyers will need to make a down payment, which is typically 5% to 20% of the home’s purchase price. Saving for a down payment can take time, so start early and be sure to have enough funds set aside to cover this cost.
- Check your credit score: Your credit score is a major factor in determining whether you’ll qualify for a mortgage and what interest rate you’ll receive. Check your credit score and make sure it’s in good shape before applying for a mortgage.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage: Before you start house hunting, it’s necessary to get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will give you a better idea of what you can afford and help you stay within your budget. We will assist you in finding or locating a mortgage lender to get pre-approval on the home purchase.
- Research neighborhoods: Research the neighborhoods you’re interested in and make sure they have the amenities and features that are important to you. Consider factors such as school districts, commute times, and whatever is important to you.
- Hire a reputable real estate agent: A good real estate agent can help you find the right home, negotiate a fair price, and guide you through the buying process. Our strong reputation and experience in the area set us apart.
Expenses to Consider When Buying a House
- Earnest money:
Identify the amount of earnest money you feel comfortable sharing with the seller to prove you want to buy their home.
- Money for a down payment:
Work with your mortgage lender to determine what the best down payment is for you.
- Money for closing costs:
It’s helpful to remember closing costs are 1% to 4% of the loan amount. Sometimes these costs can be negotiated into the sales contract
- Money for inspections:
Work with a home inspector to determine if there are any serious problems with your home before buying.
The Home Buying Process Explained
1. Initial Consultation
- Determine your needs
- Discuss agency agreement
- Discuss financing
2. Obtain Financing
- Find the right loan and lender
- Get a pre-approval letter
- Complete the loan application
3. Find the Right Home
- Look at homes based on your criteria
- Evaluate each property
- Select the right home
4. Prepare an Offer
- Review comparable properties, market trends, and area statistics
- Determine an offer price
- Decide on terms (inspections, special agreements, possession date, etc.)
- Prepare earnest money deposit
- Complete financing
5. Reach an agreement
- Review seller’s disclosures
- Negotiate terms and possible counteroffers
- Arrive at an agreed sales contract
6. Closing Process
- Deposit earnest money
- Verify insurability and arrange for hazard insurance
- Review the preliminary title report
- Obtain and review a survey
- Obtain inspections|
- Remove any remaining contingencies
- Arrange for a home warranty
- Arrange for a moving company
- Final walk-through of the property
- Arrange for a closing and signing of documents
- Loan funding
- Obtain keys and Move in!